You will not be able to stay home, comrade.
You will not be able to connect to WiFi, log in and retweet.
You will not be able to lose yourself on memes
and skip out for diet coke during tweet threads,
Because the revolution will not be tweeted.

The revolution will not be tweeted.
The revolution will not be brought to you by Netflix
With 4 seasons you can binge watch at once.
The revolution will not show you pictures of Cory Booker
blowing a vuvuzela and leading a charge by Chuck Shumer, George Soros, Chelsea Clinton and John Podesta to eat
croissant-cupcake hybrids confiscated from a Bed-Stuy bakery.

The revolution will not be brought to you by the
Google Creative Lab and will not star Natalie
Portman and Seth Rogan or Kermit and Jon Stewart.
The revolution will not apply auto-HD.
The revolution will not get rid of the noobs.
The revolution will not make you look up rebuttals
on Wikipedia, because the revolution will not be tweeted, comrade.

There will be no Pinterest of you and Dante Stevens
pushing that shopping cart down the aisle on a pre-general strike shopping spree,
or trying to slide that zipcar into a stolen parking space.
538 dot com will not be able to predict the Senate winners in the midterm elections
or at any other time.

There will be no pictures of pigs shooting down
brothers on the Instagram.
There will be no pictures of pigs shooting down
brothers on the Instagram.
There will be no Youtube of Omarosé Onee Manigault being
run out of DC on a rail with a brand new process.
There will be no gif or vine of Al
Sharpton strolling through Watts in a Red, Black and
Green liberation Blingee that he had been saving
For just the proper occasion.

Downton Abbey, Hamilton, and Harry
Potter will no longer be so damned relevant, and
women will not care if Tanner finally gets down with
Claire on the Bachelor because Black people
will be in the street looking for a brighter day.

There will be no notifications about trending
hashtags and no pictures of hairy necked Trot
interventionists and Hilary Clinton having a stroke.
The theme song will not be written by Beyonce Knowles,
Hans Zimmer, nor sung by Tears for Fears, Phil
Collins, Migos, PSY, or Gabe the dog.

The revolution will not have promoted tweets
with a video of the next Comedy Central Circlejerk.
You will not have to worry about searching
for subtweeters, blocking eggs, or hijacking trending phrases.
The revolution will not go better with AdBlock Plus.
The revolution will not fight the bots that may guess your password.
The revolution will put you in the moderator's seat.

The revolution will not be tweeted, will not be tweeted,
will not be tweeted, will not be tweeted.
The revolution will be no re-tweet comrades;
The revolution will be live.

Edited by drwhat ()

you gotta love the excitement liberals feel when they boycott a company because their dumbass CEO was dumb enough to express his dumb opinions in public. It's so fucking convenient for them. delete the app. write a nasty review. look at us. we got em. now companies will think twice before they mess with us.
Oh what's that? Dow Chemicals exposed hundreds of thousands of people to poisonous chemicals? Yes. Awful. I don't buy their products anyways. hmm? you're saying their products are ubiquitous and unavoidable. And that almost every single product we buy is derived from industrial giants that have laundry lists of being completely destructive to the world. That is pretty messed up. I will be sure not to re tweet them. thanks for the heads up
look at us. so brave. we deleted an app.

Belphegor posted:

Sergeant O'Leary is walkin' the beat
At night he becomes a bartender
He works at Mister Cacciatore's down on Sullivan Street
All Cops Are Bastards remember!

and it seems such a waste of time

hey posted:

how courageous, to stop using an exploitative company only seven years after it was definitively established that they are scum.

swampman posted:

tfw not sure if a post should go on the front page

why not frontpage it? It's an effort post with double digit upvotes and, unlike many posts in the body of threads, can stand on its own out of context.

plus that means we can put a cool picture of Gil Scott-Heron up there
Don't worry, I intend to start putting all of my posts on the front page
e: Help me think of a clever image
E; http://www.rhizzone.net/media/uploads/snapchat.png

Edited by swampman ()

Classy.
i want to support people getting out and feeling powerful and everything, but yeah, everything about the content of what's going on is just liberal indignance & dem/cop/old state coopting

i am just hoping eventually the public might become indignant at something the dems have to support, otoh, i suspect in this situation the dems will support anything to look like the good guys, and nothing will change in the long run

except people getting practice at acting and organizing, which is good, at least.
all the various departments of the USG just up and refusing to do things, and stating it publicly, is really telling about how US power actually works. like has been obvious for years and years and years now, the president is just a seat warmer, and the entrenched power dictates exactly what is acceptable or not.

(i am not arguing for trump to have free reign, it's just interesting to see the real power structures in place revealed once shit really hits the fan like this)

420 deep state every day.
Actually the state is enforcing trumps executive orders in contempt of court
I've decided to be more political on Facebook. I would strongly advise against it unless you want to become immediately disenchanted with the liberals who now fancy themselves radicals. Though maybe I would upport it if you still didn't learn that from Sanders and keep believing against all logic.
[account deactivated]

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

the state is in contempt of itself

babyhueypnewton posted:

I've decided to be more political on Facebook. I would strongly advise against it unless you want to become immediately disenchanted with the liberals who now fancy themselves radicals. Though maybe I would upport it if you still didn't learn that from Sanders and keep believing against all logic.

sanders supporters should be the least of your concerns considering how many people on facebook are #StillWithHer and who call it "puerile" when i point out that this is an anagram for "WhilstHitler"

babyhueypnewton posted:

Being political on Facebook has been very cathartic and helpful. It has also put me into contact with fellow travelers who are otherwise isolated.

It is a good way to help tease some real leftist thought out of disenfranchised liberals and I highly support it. It is simultaneously conducting propaganda and building the party.

Also you get to piss off racists on Facebook and preventing them from talking about politics simply with your presence IRL is very helpful. Liberalism cannot push back the continued extremism of the right. Only Communism has the tools to do so. Chasing racist and fascist thought back into the shadows is probably our most pressing goal right now IMO.

sincere thots...

good news: the immigration ban is going to be unanimously declared unconstitutional in an emergency session of congress

i spent 18 hours at the weekend tweeting earnestly about the Constitution of a country where i dont live and was written by a bunch of wannabe aristocrats who were worried about their slaves and land being taken away

littlegreenpills posted:

i spent 18 hours at the weekend tweeting earnestly about the Constitution of a country where i dont live and was written by a bunch of wannabe aristocrats who were worried about their slaves and land being taken away

i bet the queen was proud.

i also told work i had a migraine and swung by the consulate protests briefly. they did seem a little futile
they did have to close the consulate for the day, though. Not sure what the material implications of that are.

your_not_aleksandr posted:

babyhueypnewton posted:

Being political on Facebook has been very cathartic and helpful. It has also put me into contact with fellow travelers who are otherwise isolated.

It is a good way to help tease some real leftist thought out of disenfranchised liberals and I highly support it. It is simultaneously conducting propaganda and building the party.

Also you get to piss off racists on Facebook and preventing them from talking about politics simply with your presence IRL is very helpful. Liberalism cannot push back the continued extremism of the right. Only Communism has the tools to do so. Chasing racist and fascist thought back into the shadows is probably our most pressing goal right now IMO.

sincere thots...

I learned that Marxism-Leninism is truth and if I try to say liberal things in the hopes that it will appeal to liberals I only get caught up in the contradictions of that ideology. So now I will be a beacon for the immortal science.

I disagree with your latter statement though depending on what it means. I think the biggest danger is the "acceptable" racism and fascism of the liberal democrats since it has a complete hegemony on the media, moral discourse, and social media coolness. I don't know how much power liberals have in the real protests going on right now but at least online they have complete control of the anti-Trump discourse and are attempting to delegitimize the general disenchantment with imperialism and shame those who look outside the liberal media for facts as traitors and idiots. That's the main danger and unlike Trump supporters if you speak out you will be excommunicated.

i think that if we don't go to where the masses are organizing and engage them at the stage their consciousness is at we are ceding their real emotion and outrage to being directed by the democrats/liberals.

i will go to every mass movement i can and try to help direct the energy in a productive way and if the people that are just now getting out of their house don't want to fight the police because they haven't reached that level of consciousness i'm not going to agitate for that and alienate them from my righteous cause.

the protests in my area are very spontaneous and full of people looking for direction and something to join and i'm going to give them that in a way they can understand and hopefully build the movement that way. i'm still optimistic and energized and maybe that will change over time, but i'm honestly concerned about the rise of fascism and i don't think the objective condition for revolution is going to get any closer by me refusing to work alongside people i consider liberals because that's where the active masses are right now.

this post isn't directed at anyone in particular, i've just been experiencing a lot of this sort of anti-liberal disdain from comrades irl. a kind of refusal to work alongside the masses outside of trying to play provocateur thinking they're going to spark the real disruption in a crowd that wants to chant "love trumps hate". the crowd sang the star spangled banner at the protest last night, they aren't gonna pick up the "slavery genocide and war/america was never great" chant and it feels extremely counterproductive.
slow down there bud. marxism is about reading thick old books & petty online bickering, not "building a movement" or "meeting the people where they are"
but i can't read!

edit: i did attend a psl meeting yesterday before all the actions and we read the newspaper out loud together and i feel like i learned a lot (not how to read but about objective/subjective conditions for revolution)
i am not actually a fan of the 'read the paper out loud to one another' style meeting, but it's dope to hear that you got something out of it.
no, reading the paper was terrible but the discussion was good. i sort of still think they're waiting for the inactive working class to spontaneously activate instead of going to them but at least they explained the idea of objective/subjective conditions (which i'm still pretty sure i misunderstood).

r. guyovich told me about it so i'm glad i went but honestly i think yelling into a bullhorn is still more fun than reading a newspaper out loud, even if it's less informative.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

I think the majority of the state is not doing that. e.g. this latest headline. Acting Attorney General Orders Justice Dept. Not to Defend Refugee Ban

And I think the guys enforcing the order will fall in line with judicial orders, buuuuut who knows anymore

This is a good reminder to get my head out of my ass and make local friends

when i opened the liberation news and didn't see a sudoku i knew right then and there i wasn't going to join the psl

drwhat posted:

420 deep state every day.

Federal courts aren't the deep state lmao. what you are describing is ostensibly the restriction of the powers of the executive by checks and balances supposedly guaranteed by the constitution. by accepting that federal courts contain the "real" projection of power here you are apparently accepting that the democratic institutions of the constitutional republic are working as intended

the insight that the deep state offer us is that real projection of power is not in executive orders or federal injunctions but in the actual operations of security state apparatuses on the ground. Trump unilaterally removing some of the highest ranked military officials in government and replacing them with a white nationalist sycophant is far more instructive as to how actual power operates than the rituals of liberal democratic institutions

by accepting that it is federal courts and constitutional lawyers who somehow have the real grasp on the reigns you are asserting that constitutional, liberal democratic institutions ultimately have control over the covert security state. This is both extremely naive and extremely liberal, i have no idea why you seem to think "The police state is being constrained by the checks and balances of the republic" is somehow a radical sentiment

damn!
bnw is like a dove-shaped stealth bomber that spends most of its time in the stratosphere but occasionally swoops down to combat liberalism

janefondafanclub posted:

a kind of refusal to work alongside the masses outside of trying to play provocateur thinking they're going to spark the real disruption in a crowd that wants to chant "love trumps hate". the crowd sang the star spangled banner at the protest last night, they aren't gonna pick up the "slavery genocide and war/america was never great" chant and it feels extremely counterproductive.

On the other hand it's really important not to see a huge group of people and think, ah look, the masses. Sure the liberals are participating in mass action that aligns with our goals, but if their material interests do not depend on the results of the action they won't continue to fight after their bourgeois politicians have declared a victory. The only way to keep them involved is to a) wait until they are also suffering horribly and feel the need for unity or b) somehow educate them.

I just went out to an impromptu anti-gentrification meeting in my neighborhood and it was very productive. People literally do not understand what the fuck is happening or what their response should be. I mentioned that tenants should demand financial reports from their landlords to show how much the building makes, and everyone was like holy shit, why don't we have that information? In general I think it helps to show up ready to articulate a demand that is way more specific than the demands provided by peaceful-protest organizations. Counter-chanting and freaking out doesn't work but getting specific and showing people how their problems are deeper than they realize does.

Again that depends on showing up to tHE r H i z z o n E, scrolling through massive .epubs and making thousands of references to glitchy video game dialogue

the courts are one of the major objects of fetishistic worship by left-liberals in the united states as the supposed bastions of learned, fair-minded elites, and they are going to become even more farcically venerated over the next few years as elderly, self-important judges stroke their egos through meaningless acts of temporary protest. the best way to gain a cultural understanding of jurisprudence in the united states is to read case law on major league baseball. judges and justices in the U.S. are basically 24/7 4th-of-July cosplayers.
trump just fired his AG for refusing to defend the hashtag muslim ban in court
we're 10 days in. haha this is going to be the best administration ever